Prior to this guide, you should have completed the following configurations:
- Added the necessary cameras.
- Configured Motion Detection.
- Configured Record Plan.
- Configured Network connection.
Please verify, that the NVR is reachable through the network. You can do this, from the 'Main menu' >> 'Config' >> 'APP' >> 'P2P'. Is the 'Status' is other then 'Online', try clicking on 'Ping'
First you need to configure the Email account settings, in the NVR. For this, you will need some information regarding the Email account. You can get these information from the provider (Yahoo, Google's Gmail, Apple's iCloud or other). In this example, we use Google's Gmail.
Configure Email Account
Go to 'Main menu' >> 'Config' >> 'APP' >> 'Email'.
Here, the fields are filled out, with information for a Gmail account:
- Gmail SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- Gmail SMTP username: Your Gmail address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Gmail SMTP password: Your Gmail password
- Gmail SMTP port: 587 (TLS) or 465 (SSL)
- Gmail SMTP TLS/SSL required: yes
The example uses TLS. You are free to choose. When the configuration is complete, test the connection, by clicking on the 'Test' button. The system will try to sent a testmail. If the test succeed, you will see the following message.
If you don't succeed, you must alter the settings accordingly to you providers information. Please notice, that an Email could end up in a Spamfolder or be blocked.
Now you can configure the system, to send an Email, when something happens. Here we will configure it, to sent an Email with a snapshot, when motion is detected.
1. Go to 'Main menu' >> 'Config' >> 'CHannel' >> 'Detect'.
2. Select the camera, you would like to add the notification.
3. Click 'Linkage Config'.
4. Checkmark 'Snapshot' and 'Send Email'.
5. Click 'App.' and 'OK' to save the settings.
When the configured camera detects motion, it will trigger an Email, looking like the following:
Alarm Event: Motion Detect Start
Alarm Input Channel No.: 4
Alarm Start Time(D/M/Y H:M:S): 11/9/2017 14:49:35 Alarm Device Name: NVR Sender IP Address: 10.50.4.20
File: ID_01_CH4.jpg (2560px x 1440px ~300KB)