With the TRIAX EoC-32/2-B (383104) or 64/4-B (383105) and the sw2.1.x.x software, it is possible to combine 2 or more ports on a controller.
The controller will support 16 endpoints pr combined port. This means if you combine:
- EoC out 1 + 2 : 32 endpoints
- EoC out 1 + 2 + 3 : 48 endpoints
- EoC out 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 : 64 endpoints
The combined endpoints will share the 1.6Gbps since the frequency range is the same (0-200MHz).
Please note: Port combining is not possible on 383101 or 383103!
The combining of the ports are done in 2 steps:
- Software, in the GUI
- Hardware, with a splitter/combiner
Before doing the actual combining on the coax string, we need to configure the EoC out ports.
This is done, in 'Network' -> ‘G.hn settings’ –> ‘G.hn combining’
- Enable the combining group.
- Select the EoC port ports, you wish to use in the group.
- Click 'Set G.hn groups'.
- Save the changes.
- EoC ports used in Group A can’t be reused in Group B.
- The Status page will show the combined Groups
With the combining groups configured, you can now combine the ports. In this example, ports 1 & 2 are combined.
Remember, the splitter you are using for combining adds attenuation to the G.hn and TV signal.