Failsafe = safe mode
When you software update any system, there will always be a risk of failure. When upgrading the headend, this can happen as well.
If you delete the content of the SD Card and format the internal Flash, the headend will boot into 'Failsafe mode' as well.
If the upgrade fails, the headend will boot into the 'Failsafe mode'.
In Failsafe, there is very limited possibilities.There's a overview of the Main unit and sub units status.
You can still click on the different units, to get the complete status, of the unit.
Clicking on 'Admin', takes you to the Admin panel. The possibilities are also limited here.
The functionalities are:
- Save the logfile to your computer.
- Change the software
If you need to force the system into failsafe, please see this article: How to force the headend in failsafe mode
Getting out of FailsafeThe only way, to get out of failsafe mode, is to do a additional / new update. Do this, from the Admin panel.
1. Click 'Admin' -> 'Change Firmware'.
2. Click on 'Upload file' and select the software file you want to upload.
3. When the upload is done, select the software by clicking on it. Click on 'Set Active' to start the update process.
4. Click on 'Start update'.
5. when the update is done, click on 'OK' and 'Restart' to complete the update. The headend will reboot, at you can access it, on the defined IP address.